Monday, November 10, 2014

Starting Family Christmas Traditions - Our Christmas 2014 Bucket List

I've always been a "Christmas doesn't start until December" person. No rushing Thanksgiving!

But MAN. Now that Christian might actually be able to get into Christmas a little bit this year
I. Am. So. Excited!!!!!!

I shared a little bit about our {Fall Bucket List} in this post and decided I wanted to get a jump start on planning for a winter or {Christmas Bucket List} too!!

Did I mention that I am SO EXCITED!?!?!

So here you have it! Our {Christmas Bucket List}! Hopefully some of these can become yearly traditions for our family...if they haven't already. I so hope that I also have a chance to share about our experiences checking things off this list this upcoming holiday season!


{Here's a break down of the image list (plus a few extras!) and links too!}
Go Sledding
Drink Hot Chocolate
Write a letter to Santa
Decorate Cookies
Make a birthday cake for Jesus and sing Happy Birthday!
Do random acts of kindness -- Last year we started the tradition that we hope to continue of buying breakfast for a random family at a restaurant
Read the Christmas story from the Bible
Play with the Nativity Set -- We have this Little People Nativity Set
Build a snowman
Make a Gingerbread house
Read Christmas Books {we LOVE the library!}
Make a Countdown to Christmas Scripture Chain 
Light the Advent Candle
Donate a gift to a child in need
Listen to Christmas music...duh!
Watch a Christmas Movie (or 2 or 3 or 4!) Sooo wish we had cable just for Christmas shows!
Make Reindeer Pancakes for breakfast...and Santa pancakes too!
Drive around and look at Christmas lights
Hang a stocking for Jesus
Leave a key on the door for Santa
Make Paper Snowflakes
Watch Santa's Reindeer on the Reindeer Cam
Play Snowman Bowling
Make fun winter/Christmas crafts! I need a whole post just for this!
And maybe...just maybe...the Elf on the Shelf will appear at our house!?

Oh. And for more fun Christmas ideas, be sure to be following me on Pinterest!!

We want to make Christmas magical and for Christian to learn the mystery of faith that is connected to Santa...so Santa comes to our house, but we also want Christ to be at the center of Christmas in our home. So hopefully we can maintain a good mix!

Okay. December hurry up and get here! I'm ready for ya!

What's on your holiday bucket list? Do you have any family traditions you try to do each year?

3 comments :

  1. Im pretty much excited for the exact same reason as you! lol I have 0 plans for tomorrow…I'm honestly thinking of bring the tree down from the attic.. :) haha
    How did you make that cute image for your bucket list??
    -Nicole
    weavingourwebb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for Christmas!!! :) We get a real tree every year and every year I wish we had a fake (that was pre-lit!!!) so that we could put it up earlier! BUT at the same time I'm super nervous to have the tree up with Christian this year...I'm worried he just might try to climb it or something crazy ha ha!!! So I'm thinking you could make an even cuter and more unique image if you had photoshop...but I don't SO I found the next best option that is free and online -- Pic Monkey! www.picmonkey.com -- Go to 'design' :)

      Delete
    2. awesome! Thanks! We've got our tree up. I had a play yard gate so i put that around it :) J would try to bring the whole tree down too lol

      Delete

09 10