Monday, April 4, 2016

The Beginning

Introducing Christian to Braxton was the moment I was most nervous for....even before he was born. Labor had nothing on how nervous I was for this moment. I had read that mommy shouldn't be holding the new addition when Big Brother came to visit and so I made sure that Braxton was in his bassinet before Christian came into the room. I was fully available for all the snuggles after being away from him for the past almost 24 hours. 

But do you know what that stinker did?! He came running into the room, completely ignoring me and didn't even acknowledge my presence except to ask, "Where is baby Braxton!?" immediately followed by, "Can I hold him!?"


His interest in holding him lasted maybe 30 seconds before he started saying he was all done. But boy did that initial meeting go so much better than we could have ever hoped or imagined! 


Christian did want to sit in mommy's lap instead of with Daddy for our first family photo, though :) 

After that he was more interested in his camera that baby brother gave him. But the visit was a success! Especially since we had debated not even having him come to the hospital until the next day to go home with us. He was originally supposed to be with grandma, but since she had Parent Teacher conferences she couldn't come until that night, which was too late for him to come visit. Drop off before we headed to the hospital had been a bit tearful, so we worried he wouldn't want to leave us...but nope! He pushed his little friend Henry in his stroller right out the door when it was time to go and never looked back!


The next day Christian came back with Grandma and was able to get in on some new brother pictures! He kept saying, "He has hands like me! He has ears like me!" noting all of their same body parts. It was so precious!

   

We all rode home from the hospital together and from the time we entered the house, it was as if Braxton had always been there. 



Christian was excited to be a big helper and made sure Braxton had lots of toys...even if he was sleeping :) 

   




There were a few times that he wanted to be a baby too...


Slowly but surely he's been enjoying holding his baby brother longer too.



And even tries to "feed" him. Luckily we have introduced a bottle now and he can actually feed him sometimes too! 


It's been so fun watching these 2 together! And my fears about totally disrupting Christian's life immediately vanished as I have been watching them bond. I can't wait until they can start playing together! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10