Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

This is my hubby's FAVORITE meal! I think he would be okay if I made it every day. 

Before I was married, I used to cook on the weekend and eat leftovers pretty much all week. Well, that is no longer the case. I seemed to have married a man who does not eat leftovers...except leftover Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas! 

Thank you Campbell's for creating such a delicious recipe that my hubby will eat it more than once! 

Ingredients
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup 
  • 1/2 cup Sour Cream
  • 1 cup Picante Sauce
  • 2 tsp Chili Powder
  • 2 cups Chopped, Cooked Chicken
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (but I've also used just plain shredded cheddar)
  • 6 or 7 Tortillas
  • 1 Small Tomato, Chopped
  • 1/2 Green Pepper, Chopped
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. 
  2. Cook chicken and set aside. 

  3. Stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce, chili powder, chopped green pepper, and chopped tomato in medium bowl. 

  4. Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in large bowl. Save remainder of soup mixture. 

  5. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas. 

  6. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down (or I do up...) in 11X7X2 inch baking dish. 
  7. Pour remaining soup mixture over tortillas. 
  8. Sprinkle some extra cheese over top of the tortillas. 
  9. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Then uncover and bake until cheese is melted, hot and bubbling. 
Enjoy! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10