Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chicken Speidis

*WARNING* 
If you are pregnant and sensitive to smells, you may want to wait to try this recipe out ;) I would cry every time my hubby would want to make it when I was preggo... But its seriously delish! 

I know I have been promising you this recipe for a loooonnng time now! But guess what!?! 
It's finally here! 

Guess what else?? 

I can't really take credit for this delicious recipe. It's ALL my hubby's delicious work! It's actually a New York thing...or maybe just an "out east thing". Either way, we don't have anything like this here in Minnesota! Except, that is, in the Foote house when the hubby is cookin'! 

Ingredients:

1 bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle of Wishbone Italian Marinade 
1 bag of Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese 
1 good looking guy to cook it up for you ;) 
(buns or bread to serve) 


This is what you are looking for for the marinade. You DON'T want just Italian dressing. 
 

Directions:

Cut up chicken into small cubes, removing all and any fat. Put chicken in a large skillet and cover will a full bottle of Italian marinade. Boil chicken in marinade until chicken is cooked through. Remove from stove top and transfer chicken to a microwave safe bowl. Cover chicken with shredded cheese and microwave until melted. You probably could just keep heating the chicken on the stove to melt the cheese and save a step. But my hubby does it in the microwave. Once the cheese is melted, your speidis are ready to serve! 

Serve on top of bread or buns in a sandwich style. 


YUM! 

P.S. Can I just say I have the best hubby ever?? 
Last night he came home from work with bags of groceries and decided to make up 4 different freezer meals for me to have on hand for days when I just don't feel like cooking. We can just pop one of the meals in the oven and have a yummy, semi-healthy meal! Love him so much! 

Chicken Speidis was one of his meals. 

Here is my chef ... and the loads of food he miraculously found space for in our breast milk filled freezer! :) 



Cooking vacation commence! HA HA! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10